Baffin TRIO ™
Multifunctional standing frame, Baffin TRIO™, is designed to easily set an individual in a sitting, standing, supine or transitional position, at a touch of a button on the remote control. Baffin TRIO™ may be suitable to be used by those suffering from fixed knee or hip contractures.
The innovative system of built-in Second Spine® Technology, side supports and pelvic correction ensure easier positioning of the user in sitting and standing position, making it an excellent tool for physiotherapists as well as occupational therapists as part of the rehabilitation process. This device is perfect to use at home, school or in a rehabilitation centre.
Baffin TRIO consists of a balanced seat, a backrest, side supports, a footrest with foot platforms, a headrest, knee-pads, hip belts, a vest, an activity table and a base, that supports the device. It is covered in a breathable upholstery that can be removed for washing.
Baffin TRIO is available in two sizes: I and II for children and adults between 135cm and 190cm (4’5” - 6’2”) tall.
Advantages Baffin TRIO ™
Spinal support along the whole length of the back helps reduce pressure on a single vertebra. Baffin TRIO™ facilitates establishing correct sitting position pattern. This equipment allows its user to take part in educational activities, occupational therapy and in play. It supports cognitive functions and initiates movement.
Baffin TRIO™ is a user-friendly and functional device for both the user and their carer.
- An extensive range of height regulations – the same device can be used for a 135cm/ 4’3” tall child and a 180cm/ 5’11” tall adult
- Great potential for passive posture correction in sitting, standing and lying position
- Allows to set the user in a transitional position to achieve the best possible comfort
- Upright position from either sitting or supine position
- Possibility to fit the user's anatomical shape
- Stabilising the user’s body in all positions
- System of removable under-arm straps, hips and side supports and armrests enable smooth transfer of the user to the device
- System of comfortable and adjustable armrests
- Intuitive and user-friendly remote control
For whom? Baffin TRIO ™
Baffin TRIO™ is recommended for the following conditions:
- cerebral palsy,
- muscular dystrophies,
- paralyses of various aetiology,
- spina bifida,
- condition after a spinal injury,
- condition after a craniocerebral trauma,
- condition after strokes,
- postural defects, particularly scoliosis and kyphosis, when other treatment cannot be used.
- Improving the cardiovascular system efficiency,
- Preventing and treating venous insufficiency,
- Improving lung ventilation and preventing pneumonia,
- Preventing pulmonary embolism,
- Preventing and treating osteoporosis,
- Preventing and treating urinary stasis,
- Helping in neurogenic bladder re-education,
- Improving mental state,
- Preventing muscular atrophies,
- Preventing and treating muscle stiffness, improving the mobility of joints,
- Treating and slowing down the progress of scoliosis in case of children and young people who lost a walking function,
- Creating a correct sitting pattern,
- Thanks to its innovative structure, Baffin TRIO™ allows users with fixed contractures of a hip and a knee joint stand upright.
Contraindications for using Baffin TRIO™ are the same as those against being in a standing position, including:
- Atypical undesired reaction to standing position,
- The joint inflammation of different origins,
- Condition after long bone fractures with the incomplete healing process,
- Conditions after dislocations and other joint injuries,
- Increased body temperature.