LORI Stander enables to verticalize the patient both in the front and rear facing position, as well as in the lying position. This device makes it possible to abduct the lower limbs in the standing position with angle measurement both for the left and the right leg. This function allows to adjust legs within the frontal plane in a way, which enables proper positioning of the femoral head in the socket. Thus we can achieve an abduction ensuring appropriate placement of the hip joint, and hence we can prevent hip dysplasia.
New adjustable base support to suit your needs - greater height range in one size.
The back support on a ball hinge makes it possible to perfectly correct the wrong position of the pelvis.
We have added a headrest for front standing upright and a large, black table with a bowl!
This device provides the possibility to adjust the verticalization angle from 90o to - 10o. Along with the function enabling to measure the hip joint abduction, the therapist receives a precise device to conduct a safe verticalization of the patient.
The standing frame is available in 2 sizes:
Advantages Baffin LORI ™
- Lori in Baby size is one of the smallest standing frames on the market, which means that it can be adjusted to the needs of a child of about 65 cm tall.
- The light and modern structure is designed in such a way that it can be easily folded and prepared for transport. An additional advantage is that all adaptations and adjustments are made with one key mounted on the standing frame structure.
- Verticalization in a prone and supine position with the function allowing to measure the verticalization angle 90o – - 10o
- Hip abduction in a stander measuring the angle for the left and the right leg individually allows adjusting lower limbs within the frontal plane in a way, which enables proper positioning of the femoral head in the socket. Thus, we can achieve an abduction, ensuring appropriate placement of the hip joint, and hence, we can prevent hip dysplasia.
- System of supports and straps stabilising the patient in a safe therapeutic position. The device makes it possible to support the hips, back, and pelvis, along with the whole upper body, with palettes and two straps stabilising the patient.
- Feet platforms allow the setting of arbitrary corrective positions of both the left as well as the right foot. It is possible to set the foot in dorsal flexion or plantar flexion and ensure supination or pronation of the foot. Multi-positional knee pads, along with foot platforms, provide the chance to obtain appropriate, biomechanical linearity within the knee, ankle joint and foot.
- Verticalization is also seen as the time for playing and learning, and that is why the device has been designed to be equipped with a rectangular table, both in prone and supine position, which can facilitate conducting therapeutic activities. This table can be fitted and used both in the front-facing verticalization and in the rear-facing verticalization.
- The head support is ensured with the help of a contoured headrest, steadily supporting the head. The headrest has been made of an elastic material, which allows adjusting it to the shape of the child's head. The headrest may be used both in the front-facing verticalization and in the rear-facing verticalization.
- Black and matt table with high contrast and a covered bowl.
For whom? Baffin LORI ™
LORI Stander is the most frequently used in the following diseases: cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophies, palsies of different aetiology, spina bifida, myelomeningocele, conditions following spinal injuries, conditions following craniocerebral trauma, conditions resulting from strokes, posture defects, scoliosis.
Verticalization with bilateral leg abduction is of crucial significance in such case. This function of the Lori Stander allows to adjust legs within the frontal plane in a way, which enables proper positioning of the femoral head in the socket. As a result we can achieve an abduction ensuring appropriate placement of the hip joint, and by the same we can prevent hip dysplasia.
- improving the functioning of the cardiovascular system,
- preventing and treating venostases,
- improving lung ventilation and preventing pneumonia,
- preventing pulmonary emboluses,
- preventing and treating osteoporosis,
- preventing and treating retentions within the urinary system,
- improving intestinal passage,
- improving mental condition,
- preventing muscle atrophy,
- preventing and treating contractures,
- treating and slowing the progression of scoliosis in children and young adults who have lost the ability to walk.