Baffin neoSIT RS™
Baffin neoSIT RS™ is a paediatric orthopaedic chair with built-in Second Spine® Technology which helps support the head and the whole length of the back. It enables anatomical or corrective adjustment of the back.
It consists of a chassis RS frame with height adjustment, seat, castor wheels with locks, pelvic belt, armrests, vest, side supports, hip supports, knee-pads, leg abduction belts, push handle, footrests with foot belts.
Baffin neoSIT RS™ is covered in breathable and washable upholstery. It is available in 3 sizes: Small, Medium and Large for children between 85cm and 130cm (2’9” - 4’3”) tall.
Advantages Baffin neoSIT RS™
Due to the innovative system of built-in spine, side supports and pelvis correction, Baffin neoSIT RS™ is a perfect device for occupational therapists and physiotherapists.
Thanks to its simplicity, it can be used at school, rehabilitation centre and at home to continue the rehabilitation.
Spinal support along the whole back line helps to reduce pressure on a single vertebra.
Baffin neoSIT RS™ establishes a correct sitting position.
Child equipped with the device may take part in educational activities, occupational therapy and in play.
It facilitates cognitive functions and activates the child.
The orthopaedic seat is a user friendly and functional device both for the child and their carer:
- Allows posture correction; it allows to set the child's spine and pelvis correctly
- Great ability to fit user's anatomical shape
- Innovative construction of back support imitating human spine
- Light and compact construction allowing to take sitting or reclining position
- Change of settings with easily accessible knobs
- The seat ’grows’ with its user; it ensures long usage without the need to change the device
- System of comfortable and independently adjustable armrests
- Safe and anti-allergy upholstery complying with Öko-Tex standards
- Flexible configuration of the seat depending on the requirements; basic version with the wide range of additional options (footrest, vest, headrest, arm supports)
- Modern design
For whom? Baffin neoSIT RS™
Baffin neoSIT RS™ is designed for children who not able to sit unaided. It can be used in cases of conditions where the user has lost this function temporarily or permanently or when it has not yet been developed.
Baffin neoSIT RS™ can be used for the following conditions:
- cerebral palsy,
- muscular dystrophies,
- paralyses of various aetiology,
- spina bifida,
- condition after a spinal injury,
- condition after a craniocerebral trauma,
- condition after strokes,
- postural defects,
- particularly scoliosis, when different treatment cannot be used.
- Improving lung ventilation and preventing pneumonia,
- Improving general wellbeing,
- Treating and slowing down the progress of scoliosis in case of children and young people who lost a walking function,
- Creating correct sitting pattern.