Baffin neoSIT HL™ outdoor
THIS PRODUCT CAN BE FUNDED BY NHS!
It’s SIMPLE. Show our equipment to the physiotherapist or occupational therapist. Ask to organise a free assessment at home or school.
Baffin neoSIT HL™ outdoor is a paediatric orthopaedic chair with built-in Second Spine® Technology which helps support the head and the whole length of the back. It enables anatomical or corrective adjustment of the back.
Baffin neoSIT HL™ outdoor can be used in transport as it's crash-tested and has special hooks.
It consists of a seat, castor wheels with locks, pelvic belt, armrests, vest, side supports, hip supports, knee pads, leg abduction belts, push handle, and footrests with foot belts.
Baffin neoSIT™ outdoor is covered in a breathable and washable upholstery and is available in 3 sizes: Small, Medium and Large for children between 85cm and 130cm (2’9” - 4’3”) tall.
Advantages Baffin neoSIT HL™ outdoor
Due to the innovative system of built-in spine, side supports and pelvis correction, Baffin neoSIT HL™ outdoor is a perfect device for occupational therapists, helping them to put the patient in a sitting position.
Thanks to its simplicity, it can be used at rehabilitation centres and at home to continue the therapy.
Spinal support along the whole backline helps to reduce pressure on a single vertebra.
Baffin neoSIT™ outdoor establishes a correct sitting position.
The patient equipped with the device may take part in educational activities, occupational therapy and in play.
It facilitates cognitive functions and activates the child.
The orthopaedic seat is a friendly and functional device both for the patient and the carer:
- allows correction or support for postural defects; it allows the child's spine and pelvis to be set correctly
- fits user's anatomical shape perfectly
- the innovative construction of back support imitating human spine
- compact construction allowing to take sitting or reclining position
- change of settings with easily accessible switches
- the seat ’grows’ with its user; it ensures long usage without the need to change the device
- system of comfortable and independently adjustable armrests
- safe and hypoallergenic upholstery complying with Öko-Tex standards
- flexible configuration of the seat depending on the needs; the basic version with the wide range of additional options (footrest, vest, headrest, arm supports)
- modern design
For whom? Baffin neoSIT HL™ outdoor
Baffin neoSIT HL™ is aimed at children who are unable to sit unaided. It can be used in conditions where children have lost this function temporarily or permanently or when it has not yet been developed.
Among others, Baffin neoSIT HL™ outdoor can be used in the following conditions:
- cerebral palsy,
- muscular dystrophy,
- paralyses of various aetiology,
- spina bifida,
- condition after a spinal injury,
- condition after a craniocerebral trauma,
- condition after strokes,
- postural defects, particularly scoliosis, when a different treatment cannot be used.
- improving lung ventilation and preventing pneumonia,
- treating and slowing down the progress of scoliosis,
- creating a correct sitting pattern.