Baffin Automatic™ is a multifunctional paediatric standing frame, designed to set a child in sitting, standing, supine or transitional position.
The innovative system of built-in Second Spine® Technology, side supports and pelvic correction, makes Baffin Automatic™ an excellent tool for physiotherapists and occupational therapists as part of continuous rehabilitation. It is easy to change the child’s position from sitting to standing or supine at the touch of a button on the remote control. Baffin Automatic™ may be suitable to be used by children suffering from fixed knee or hip contractures. This device is perfect to use at home, school or in a rehabilitation centre.
Baffin Automatic™ consists of a balance seat, a backrest, side support, a footrest with foot platforms, a headrest, knee-pads, hip belts, a vest, an activity table and a base, that supports the device.
Baffin Automatic™ is covered in breathable upholstery that can be removed for washing.
Baffin Automatic™ is available in 3 sizes: Small, Medium and Large for children between 85cm and 130cm (2’8” - 4’3”).
Advantages Baffin Automatic ™
Due to the innovative system of built-in Second Spine®, side supports and pelvis correction, Baffin Automatic™ is an excellent tool for physiotherapists.
It simplifies the process of setting a child into sitting or standing position. The spinal support along the whole length of the back helps reduce pressure on a single vertebra, while multi-positioning enables the change of an axial tension vector.
Thanks to the remote control system, reaching a standing position is easy and effortless. A child can remain in the device all day. It allows to change their position from standing to resting as often as required. By keeping the body moving and not allowing it settle in just one position, the child’s overall wellbeing is improved.
Baffin Automatic™ allows a child to take part in educational activities, occupational therapy and play. The device helps to activate the child and develop their cognitive functions.
As Baffin Automatic™ is fully adjustable, it ’grows’ with the user and allows long-term usage without the need to change the device.
Baffin Automatic™ is a user friendly, multi-functional device for both the child and the carer.
The main benefits of Baffin Automatic™ include:
- The ability to adjust to child’s anatomical shape,
- Innovative construction of back support imitating the human spine,
- Correction of postural defects through correct setting of user's pelvis and spine,
- Allows the user to stand, sit or lie down with full support,
- It can be easily manoeuvred,
- Can be used to gradually set a child into a standing position,
- System of removable under-arm straps, hip and side supports and armrests making it easier to transfer the child onto the device,
- System of comfortable and adjustable armrests,
- User friendly remote control,
- Removable, washable and hypoallergenic upholstery complying with Öko-Texstandards,
- Modern design.
For whom? Baffin Automatic ™
Baffin Automatic™ is designed for children with the following conditions:
- cerebral palsy,
- muscular dystrophies,
- paralyses of various aetiology,
- spina bifida,
- condition after a spinal injury,
- condition after a craniocerebral trauma,
- condition after strokes, incorrect posture, particularly scoliosis, when other treatments cannot be used.
- Improving cardiovascular system efficiency,
- Preventing and treating venous insufficiency,
- Improving lung ventilation and preventing pneumonia,
- Preventing pulmonary embolism,
- Preventing and treating osteoporosis,
- Preventing and treating urinary stasis,
- Preventing and treating urinary stasis,
- Helping in neurogenic bladder re-education,
- Improving general wellbeing,
- Preventing muscular atrophies,
- Preventing and treating contractures, improving the mobility of joints,
- Treating and slowing down the progress of scoliosis in case of children who lost a walking function,
- Creating correct sitting pattern,
- hanks to its structure, Baffin Automatic™ makes it possible to put children with fixed contractures of a hip and a knee joint upright, however, such cases must be analysed individually.
Contraindications for using Baffin Automatic™ are the same as those against staying in upright position, including:
- Atypical undesired reaction to upright position,
- Joint inflammation of different origins,
- Condition after long bone fractures with incomplete healing process,
- Conditions after dislocations and other joint injuries,
- Increased body temperature.