The Prodrobot, paediatric automated gait trainer, is an active medical device designed for the rehabilitation of the lower limbs of children with gait dysfunctions.
The device simulates a walking pattern and allows for precise exercise cycles matching those of natural walking as closely as possible. The Prodrobot is the world’s only robotic device to enable both legs to be trained and exercised independently and at the same time. The Prodrobot won a Gold Medal from Rehabilitation Fair in Lodz, Poland in 2015.
The Prodrobot allows to perform several exercises with adjustable intensity, according to the individual needs of a patient.
- Gait – execution of an anatomical gait pattern
- Swings – execution of gait without bending the knees
- Squats – both legs move at the same time with the knee flexion
- Bicycle – simulation of a pedalling movement
The gait pattern is derived from a study that was carried out on 3000 people and a mathematical model. A research conducted at the Cracow University, Faculty of Physical Education, proved the pattern to be very accurate. The device imitates the correct gait pattern and therefore prevents the manifestation of pathological movement patterns in neurological and orthopaedic diseases.
- precise micro-regulations (7 regulations for each leg) allowing a precise fit
- safety - control of spasticity in 6 joints and emergency situations
- easy to use - All fasteners of the patient are easy to use
- the Prodrobot is equipped with a seat aid that simplifies patient placing and fastening, it moves the patient in vertical positions (up/down) and all exercises are conducted in the vertical position
- crane prostheses are of variable length and are equipped with adjustable leg brackets which allow a wide range of adjustments within the patient’s dimensions
- adjustable back rest height and spacing hips
- very simple and intuitive control panel
- maximum walking speed is approximately 2 km per hour
- compact in size thus allowing easy mobility of the device from one medical room to another
- weight and design of the device does not require any special infrastructure
For whom? The Prodrobot
The Prodrobot is designed for patients with a body weight of up to 50 kg and height from approximately 120 cm up to approximately 150 cm (dimensions are determined by the length of patient's limbs).
The Prodrobot is aimed at patients with the following conditions:
- gait impairment resulting from a stroke,
- Parkinson's disease, muscle stiffness and impaired motility disorders of gait and posture,
- postural impairment resulting from polyneuropathies of different causes (toxic, metabolic and autoimmune nature such as Guillain-Barre syndrome) and muscle weakness of varying severity including a flaccid paralysis,
- cerebral palsy, where have movement disorders are mainly caused by muscle weakness and spasticity,
- muscular diseases such as muscular dystrophy caused by progressive weakness and atrophy of muscles.